Monday, August 30, 2010

Subconscious - you aren't even trying...

I dreamed that I was standing on a crossbeam at the pinnacle of a skyscraper. It was night. I needed to reach a box that was beside me on the beam but my hands were full. I needed to put the things I carried down so that I could pick up this box. It was important that I touch the box. But I couldn't get the balance right. I tried to bend at the knees, to slowly lower myself to the beam, but I pitched backwards, and then I was falling falling falling. When I landed, I was an old man in a young girl's room. I asked to leave but she wouldn't let me go. I felt like I shouldn't be there, but I didn't want to leave, not really. I only felt like I ought to leave, but really I wanted to stay and be angry and in love with a selfish sixteen year old.

Then I woke up. And I was lonely.

No comments: